Complete Pest Management In Lochsloy, WA
Lochsloy is a census-designated place (C.D.P.) in Snohomish County. Though the area isn’t overpopulated, residents and visitors alike enjoy the warm sense of community accompanied by its small-town charm. You can see miles of natural terrain and local shopping and dining options. Once you set foot into this beautiful C.D.P., you immediately feel welcome as the area's layout still pays homage to its humble beginnings, not flooded by massive skyscrapers.
Lochsloy is an area where neighbors help neighbors, and everyone knows your name. If it’s that type of hometown atmosphere you’re looking for, then Lochsloy is where you want to be.
At Guard Pest Control, we are a family-owned and operated company and take a family-oriented approach with our services to our community. It is our honor to be your Snohomish county pest control company you can trust. Our commitment to serving you is our unwavering promise. Just as protecting your home and family is important to you, it’s important to us. Call Guard Pest Control to schedule your pest control services today.
Residential Pest Control In Lochsloy, WA
Once pests enter your home, the types of damage they can cause are limitless. Some pests will spread harmful diseases and bacteria; Some are strictly pests posing no serious threat; some can severely damage the structural integrity of your home. No matter the destruction or threat they present, they don’t belong in your Lochsloy home. As a family-owned business, we at Guard Pest Control made it our business (literally) to protect your home and family from such invasive pests.
Ever since our founding in 2013, we’ve made a great effort to provide residential residents with safe and effective treatment options and safe and affordable treatment options that can fit into any budget. Take a look at our residential pest control programs:
- One-Time Services
- Home Guard Protection Plan- Rodent
- Home Guard Protection Plan- Insect/Arachnid
- Home Guard Protection Plan- Platinum
We gear all of these treatment plans to meet your home's unique needs at an affordable rate. To learn more about specific plans, give our team of experts a call today.
Answering Lochsloy's Most Frequently Asked Bed Bug Questions
Like most people, you may have heard of bed bugs but never experienced them and want to know more about them. Then again, you could have a bed bug infestation on your hands and are unsure about it but want to make sure you’re taking the right steps to treat it properly.
At Guard Pest Control, we get asked questions about bed bugs, and we feel it is our responsibility to educate our current customers and become a reliable source of information about bed bugs to potential customers. Here are a few frequently asked questions about bed bugs:
- What Are Bed Bugs?: Bed bugs are tiny parasitic pests with flat bodies and reddish-brown color. They feed on humans and animals but prefer the blood of humans, particularly while asleep. Their size is comparable to the size of an apple seed.
- Do Bed Bugs Spread Disease?: Bed bugs don’t spread diseases, but excessive scratching can lead to secondary infections that you can treat with over-the-counter steroid creams and antihistamines.
- What Are The Signs Of A Bed Bug Infestation? Everything from live bed bugs and egg casings to bloodstains on your bedding and itchy, red bites on your skin are definite signs of bedbugs.
- How Do I Get Bed Bugs?: Traveling and buying used furniture or clothing are the most common ways to bring bed bugs into your home– not because you keep a dirty house (contrary to popular belief).
- What’s The Best Way To Prevent Bed Bugs? The best way to avoid bed bugs is to thoroughly inspect hotels, Airbnbs, and other accommodations before putting your personal belongings down or sleeping in the beds. Also, avoid buying used furniture and clothing; if not, thoroughly clean and disinfect any used items you bring in your home.
We hope we’ve put your mind at ease by answering some of these frequently asked questions. The safest and most effective form of bed bug treatment is always to go with professional bed bug services. At Guard Pest Control, we offer quality elimination services- call to set up your inspection.
Ant Prevention Tips For Lochsloy, WA Homeowners
Ants are hard workers, but they’re also relentless in providing for their colonies. Not only will ants travel as far as 300 feet away from their colonies to find food for their fellow colony members, but they will also stop at nothing to find an entry point once they’ve detected the scent of a viable food source. Everything from somewhat stricter cleaning habits to a bit of home maintenance, there are strategies you can implement on your own to ensure your home is ant-free:
- Install door sweeps under all exterior doors.
- Caulk gaps around windows and doors.
- Maintain a clean kitchen by routinely wiping down countertops and keeping dishes clean.
- Store all your food in the refrigerator or airtight containers.
- Keep exterior trash cans away from your home’s exterior, sealed with tight-fitting lids.
- Store wood and compost pile a reasonable distance away from the home’s exterior, preferably off the ground if possible.
- Trim back excess vegetation to ensure it’s a safe distance away from the exterior of your home.
- Seal any cracks and crevices in your home’s walls, floors, and foundation.
- Fill the spaces around utilities and pipes that enter your home.
With these prevention tips, in addition to ant control services from Guard Pest Control, your Locholsoy home will be ant-free in no time. Reach out to our team of experts to learn more about our treatment methods or to schedule your inspection.
The Dangers Fleas Bring To Your Lochsloy Home
Despite their small size, these pests are not only a nuisance but are also quite dangerous to humans and pets. In humans, fleas spread murine typhus, tungiasis, tularemia, and bubonic plague. If you’re not too familiar with bubonic plague, it was one of the most deadly diseases in human history, claiming the lives of over 25 million people in the late 1600s. Thanks to advancements in medicine, bubonic plague isn’t nearly a threat as it was centuries ago.
While fleas will feed on human blood, their preference is the blood of animals, especially dogs and cats. These blood feeders are responsible for flea allergy dermatitis (FAD) in dogs and cats and cat-scratch disease in cats.
Ideally, whether you have cats or dogs, you want to see about getting them on a flea and tick program with your veterinarian to ensure their protection against these dangerous pests. You will also want to take precautionary measures such as wearing long sleeves and tucking your pants inside your socks when going out in nature or in areas of tall grass.
Of course, if you want to safeguard your home against fleas, call Guard Pest Control, and one of our technicians will come to your home and properly treat it.
Call For A Free Quote
Complete the form below to schedule your inspection with Guard Pest Control.