How To Easily Deter The Rats In Snohomish
November 10, 2022
Rats are unwelcome visitors that can damage and carry diseases into homes. Any signs of rats in your Snohomish home can lead to health risks to your family. Rats can even start fires because rats chew insulation and eat electrical wiring, exposing the electric cables, which can cause a fire. The best way to get rid of rats fast is to hire the experts in pest control in Snohomish at Guard Pest Control. We've resolved rat infestations for numerous clients across Snohomish, and today, we will share different ways to keep rats away from your home.
Where Do Rats Like To Hide?
You may have identified a rat crossing your kitchen or hiding behind your outdoor trash can. Generally, rats like to live where humans live because that is where they can find food. Rats in Snohomish are not easy to eliminate because they are very clever creatures, and hopefully, you have not seen one around your house. But to understand where you can spot them, you should check isolated areas like walls, attics, basements, lofts, dark storage spaces like sheds and garages, and the kitchen area.
Are The Rats In Snohomish Hard To Get Rid Of?
Rats are intelligent pests known to be good climbers, burrowers, and smugglers. Although they are disease carriers, rats are agile creatures that only need a space about the size of a quarter to squeeze into your house. In addition, they have flexible body shapes that give them the ability to sneak into structures through small tracks and narrow gaps.
Rats are also efficient at reproducing. Generally, female rats can reproduce eight times in a lifetime, with an average of four to seven pups. So, one female rat can produce up to 56 young in a year. But it only takes a small population to cause problems like contaminating your family's food with rat urine, droppings, and saliva. So, how can you eliminate rats to avoid having these problems?
Five Ways To Deter Rats
You might get rid of rats inside your house, but if there are spots they can hide outside, it won't be long before they move back in. This tendency often occurs during the winter when rats start looking for food and shelter in homes. With that in mind, below are five ways to eliminate rats from your house:
- Keep your garden clean: Rats do not like open spaces. Trim, clean, and make your garden clutter-free; this is the most effective way of discouraging them from getting to your home. Also, clean your garden by collecting fallen fruits or bird and pet food.
- Deal with your trash: Rats are attracted by food of all kinds, including what's in your garbage cans. Make sure that trash is in a sturdy container with a tight-fitting lid, and that trash is regularly removed from your house and kept in bins away from the house.
- Seal up access points: Rats can enter your home through small gaps and holes, so make sure that any potential entry points are sealed up with rodent-proof materials.
- Clean up pet food: Rats can be drawn to pet food either inside or outdoors, so remove food after meal time, clean up any stray bits of pet food, and make sure food is stored in a sturdy, airtight container, as rats can easily chew through food bags.
- Keep vegetation trimmed: To keep rats away, make sure bushes, trees, and vines have at least three feet of clearance away from your home. Vegetation can provide cover for rats and make it easier for them to enter your home.
If rats have already found their way into your home, contract the services of Guard Pest Control to deal with your rat problem professionally.
Total Rat Control For Snohomish Residents
If you discover a rat's nest or rats in the attic, hire pest control services from a reputable company like Guard Pest Control, and manage rat populations inside and outside your home. You can always prevent rat infestation by scheduling regular pest control checks, and with the right team by your side, effective rat deterrents can help to keep your home safe from rats. Professional rodent control from a qualified technician from Guard Pest Control will provide reliable treatments to your rat problem. It is the best way to guarantee the delivery of a long-term pest solution.
Rats are common house pests that like to hide in attics, lofts, basements, the kitchen store, and other storage spaces. The best way to eliminate these pests from your property is through rat control services from the experts at Guard Pest Control. Our experts know how rats operate and the techniques required to remove them from your home. Contact our office today and let us work together to create a safe and vibrant home free of pests.